Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I got an "A"

January 14th, 2009

 

I got the results from my MRI today and they were as good as they could be. Besides the small lump that I already know about, there is nothing else on either breast that concerns the doctor. This means that my surgery will be quite minor and that the chance of the cancer having spread is greatly reduced.

 

Yesterday I had my pre-admission appointment where I discovered that I am healthy: my weight is good, my height hasn't changed, and my temperature was normal, as was my ECG. My blood pressure is a desirable 110/60; they took blood and I did not faint.

 

I am very encouraged by the care I have received so far from St. Mike's. Everyone has been great, from the receptionists on the front line, through the nurses and technicians who have been by my side through several procedures, to my doctor, who will be with me for the next five years. My friend Anne came to my appointment with me today and she was impressed by Dr. George. My niece (who knows him as a prof and a member of Kingston's medical community - where he practiced until August) says he is the best

of the best. I am in good hands.

 

Thank you all for your support too. It helps a great deal.

 

I celebrated my good news by buying myself some new PJ's and bras. I needed them for the week of lounging coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment